Thursday, June 9, 2011

Changes along the way.....

This started out as a cooking journal.  For those who followed, I didn't make the audition, and while it would have been great fun, God certainly had other plans for me.  I live in a house that will belong to our church conference,(currently trust deeded to the conference) and we are the caretakers.  House is designated to a retreat center for Pastors, but the upstairs is not complete, built in 1970, the downstairs is finished, but not upstairs.  We pay no rent, but plenty of utilities (that's a whole story by itself) part of the taxes and few other expenses related to upkeep of the house and property, which sits on 42 acres.  It's a great deal of work and no budget or plans to complete the upstairs until it is completely owned by the Conference.  


What has all this to do with anything?  Well, Mike and I live here with two of our sons, one is gone for weeks at a time on music tours. The other child, my youngest, could be blamed for a great deal, but I'll get to that in a bit.


Last November when my middle son left for basic training, one of Jared's friends, Shauna, approached me about renting Joe's room and I said yes. (Jared's friend)  At Christmas time, Sarah, (another story unto itself) needed a place to get on her feet, we gave her the guest room.  Directly after christmas, Shawn (Jared's friend.... well, long time church friend who's Mom is also a friend of mine and another story unto itself) needed a home with adults who would keep him accountable to graduate from school and it looks like we will be making that happen.  He shared the trailor with Jared.  About 6 wks ago Shauna approached me about a friend of hers, Liana who needed a place to live, and I said yes.  She shares Shauna's room with her.  The other day, Sarah informs me that another friend of Jared's who's been hanging around the house more than usual was homeless....THUD.... out of rooms, but plenty of cushions and sleeping bags, said young man now has a place he knows he can come to for safety.  Need a score card???  So do I.  


One thing at time.  It's late and I'm still quite exhausted from Annual Conference prep and event, but you can see there's plenty to write about.  Do I know where this is leading, no, not really.  But I'm willing to take the journey.  Join me.

No comments:

Post a Comment