Thursday, September 9, 2010

Apple-Raisen Stuffed Pork Tenderloin

This was a very delicious dish to make. I made the stuffing and prepared the tenderloin the night before.  I forgot to sear the meat before sticking in in the oven, but it came very tasty and extremely moist just as well. We used butter knives and our forks to cut the meat. for side dishes,  I cooked some yukon gold potatoes roasting them in a skillet with butter and  fresh garlic.  I wanted something colorful for the veggies, so slightly precooked some cubed butternut squash, then set it aside while I melted some butter, then added some brown sugar and a dash of dry mustard, added back the squash and tossed in some sugar snap peas to go with, tossing till the peas were good and hot, but still tendercrisp.  I think it rounded out the meal nicely.  We've decided the next guests for dinner will get this same meal.

I was also able to apply for next seasons MasterChef today.  I have no idea if I'll be told anything..... but I've applied.  I have also decided that since the show seems to be at end next week, I'll continue to cook meals choosen from the three judges, and other well know Chefs at least twice a week. I will also share the monthly adventures of my cooking class with the HomeStart clients.  Attemping pizza in an electric skillet this time, but more on that later. My classes are always the third Saturday of each month.

Last thoughts on the pork.... do try it yourself. Prepare it the night before, it was quite simple to prepare and very tasty.

5 comments:

  1. :D sounds good, I think good pork is a sign of a good cook. A lot of people don't have a clue how to cook it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, how fun you are doing this. You have mentioned many times what you are fixing for dinner, so now I can possibly get your receipe. Thanks for sharing. Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindy, the pork recipe was found on the MasterChef web site. So really easy to do. I prepared it the night before, and cooked it the next night. Sarah, I've never been afraid to cook pork and have a few good 'recipes' (things I do) with pork that are quiet tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love pork. What a tasty combination !

    ReplyDelete