Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Tonights dinner

I intended to make the pork tenderloin they made on  MasterChef a couple of weeks ago, but while researching Joe Bastianich (one of the two judges on the show besides Gordon Ramsey) I checked out this recipe, White Bean Stew.  Since Mikey and Mike we going into town and I had a short get dinner ready window, I decided to do this instead, saving the tenderloin for tomorrow. I'll do the prep work tonight so I'll only have to put it in the oven when I get home tomorrow, make some garlic potatoes and a tasty green salad with olive oil dressing infused with lemon and fresh oregano.  Back to tonight..... White Bean Stew, couldn't be be quicker or easier to put together and is quite healthy.  I added some Italian turkey sausage to it while toasting the garlic slices and had to think how best to remove the stems from the leaves, but was very happy with the outcome.  I purchased some yummy european style bread from Raleys, with gruyere, olive and garlic and served it with some tuscan style butter on it.  It made mopping up the broth from the stew quite delicious!

1 comment:

  1. How do you make garlic potatoes? I mean i know how i make them, but how do you make them? love garlic, LOVE potatoes !

    ReplyDelete